Thursday 12 June 2008

Mixtape DJ Leaks Lil Wayne Album For Revenge

LIL WAYNE's forthcoming album THA CARTER III has been leaked onto the internet just days before it is due to be released - by a mixtape DJ looking for revenge following the star's disparaging comments about the underground industry.
Last week (ends30May08), the Lollipop hitmaker, real name Dwayne Carter Jr., blasted the mixtape fraternity during an interview with America's Foundation magazine, claiming he no longer supported the world that he made his name in.
The star - who rose to fame with mixtape series Dedication and The Drought - said: "I created the mixtape game but I'm not in to that anymore. I'm doing Lil Wayne. I'm against it - and to the mixtape deejay, I don't know no mixtape deejays - f**k you.
"I'm on Top 25 - I ain't (sic) put out 25 mixtapes. So f**k y'all... F**k mixtape deejays. Carter III coming June 10th. Go get it or don't go get it, suck my d**k. I'm smelling myself. I'm too good."
But the rapper's comments have riled mixtape DJ Chuck T so much, he's taken revenge and posted Lil Wayne's entire LP online - 12 days before Tha Carter III is set to hit store shelves.
And he's not sorry for the act.
In a statement explaining his motives, he says: "Lil Wayne said f**k mixtape DJs... so now I'm about to show that boy the meaning of bootleg.
"I'll be damned if I let (anyone) get away with saying f**k me without him facing some type of repercussions, including Lil Wayne... Don't buy the new Lil Wayne album. Download it for free!"
However, DJ Chuck T insists he only ever set out to teach Lil Wayne a lesson - and doesn't mean to hurt those at his record label.
He adds: "I would sincerely like to apologise to all my friends and business associates at Universal and Cash Money Records for any problems this may cause. If you never want to deal with me again then I totally understand. No hard feelings."